Stitch Fix #2

May 30, 2015

Here's how it works if you're not familiar.

You sign up HERE, fill out an in depth style/size profile, pay $20 styling fee, they ship you 5 items, you keep what you want, and mail back the rest.

If you buy anything, your $20 styling fee goes towards that purchase.  If you buy all 5 items you get 25% off your order.  It is totally free to mail your returns in.  They send you all you need to do that.

You can do it as a monthly service or you can just schedule them whenever you want.  Mine are on an as needed basis.

To get better items connect them with your style Pinterest board (mine is HERE), give them a lot of feedback in the notes section, and fill out your style profile honestly.

Before we begin I am NOT a fashion blogger and my husband is not a photographer but we're doing the best we can so no laughing :)  And, I live in the Houston, TX area so the rain here has been out of control since March thus, making the pictures that much harder to get.


Rosco Floral Print Crochet Detail Tank by Collective Concepts - S - $58
The style card says to pair this with jeans or a pencil skirt and I'm down with both those options.  This weather just makes the styling a bit hard since everything is soaking wet.  The grass, the sidewalks, the driveway.  Huge puddles everywhere.  So to dodge the rain I styled all of it with jeans just to keep things moving.  Honestly though, I live in Texas and it's almost June so these jeans won't be making appearances any time soon.  I'm going to try it with a pencil skirt next or some shorts.  I love the details on this shirt.
-Kept-


Lydia Floral Print Key-Hole Blouse by Collective Concepts - S - $68
This shirt is comfortable and flowy which is perfect about 90% of the time where I live so it works out well.  The pattern isn't my favorite but I still like it.  My husband's photography skills...I tell ya' ;)
-Kept-


Diaz Embroidery & Crochet Detail Cotton Top by Brixon Ivy S - $74
So sorry for the blurry right photo.  I really wanted a picture of the detailing because it is very pretty but it had started to sprinkle and I really wanted to get done.  If this shirt had been less expensive I would have kept it even though the hem at the bottom was strange but I just loved the idea of wearing it to the beach over my swim suit top.  It really was very light weight and breezy.  I really wanted to love it and keep it but I didn't love it $74 worth.  And it's worth mentioning that my husband didn't like it at all.  He said, "if your mom came in wearing that shirt I would be like...Hey, Teresa.  I like your shirt."
-Sent back-


Sam Hi-Lo Short Sleeve Tee by Market & Spruce - S - $44
If this shirt was $12 at Target and came in other colors I would maybe buy it.  But, $44 for a shirt that shows my bra outline and the buttons on my pants is just a no.  I liked how it felt on.  Not tight at all which is great in Texas because of our high humidity levels.  But, I have to give it to my stylist.  She did listen to everything I wrote to her in the notes section.  I said I wanted flowy tops and dresses for the summer.  Oh, and the hi-lo thing really through my husband off.  I liked it but he hated, "the butt cape" as he called it.
-Sent back-


Maeby Printed Dress - S - $58
I actually liked the loose fit of the dress it's just the pattern and colors that I could not stand.  Chevron...just no!  And, it's orange, brown, and turquoise chevron.  Very retro and very NOT me.  But the cut was nice even though it had sleeves and it's summer.  Wasn't heavy fabric so the sleeves might actually have been nice when you're sitting in church or something.
-Sent back-



Overall:
It was a good fix but I felt the prices they sent me this time were a little higher than what I wanted.  I need to make sure I leave really good feedback.  But, I'm happy that I got two new tanks out of it.

Want your own Stitch Fix? (You do!) Go HERE!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS